Friday, December 31, 2004

2004 - the films I saw

I took in 59 2004 films, almost in all in the theatre and most on opening night. The films in bold constitute my top ten, excluding documentries. Films with asteriks are the ones that I will not see again. Some of them are terrible.

The hyperlinks are to the Rottentomatoes website. Films are rated out of 100, and only people working as film critics may become offical raters.

In some cases, my ratings coincided with the critics, but in several instances, our rating were incongruent. I liked King Arthur, but the critics gave it 32%. I disliked I Heart Huckabees, but the critics gave it 60%. They gave Closer 68%, but I really didn't care for it.

10-Jan Big Fish
29-Feb The Passion of the Christ
07-Mar Hidalgo*
14-Mar Spartan
20-Mar Secret Window*
21-Mar The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
28-Mar The Ladykillers*
03-Apr Hellboy
14-Apr The Alamo*
16-Apr Kill Bill Vol. 2
17-Apr The Corporation
01-May The Saddest Music in the World
08-May Van Helsing*
23-May Troy
27-May The Delicate Art of Parking
04-Jun Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
10-Jun The Day After Tomorrow*
18-Jun The Terminal
18-Jun The Stepford Wives*
11-Jun The Chronicles of Riddick*
30-Jun Spider-Man 2
01-Jul Fahrenheit 9/11
25-Jul I, Robot*
25-Jul The Bourne Supremacy
01-Aug The Manchurian Candidate
04-Aug King Arthur
07-Aug Collateral
14-Aug Alien Vs. Predator
21-Aug Festival Express
20-Aug Exorcist: The Beginning
27-Aug Hero*
12-Sep Cellular*
12-Sep Super-Size Me
25-Sep The Lobby
25-Sep Arna's Children
25-Sep Rana's Wedding
09-Oct The Forgotten*
09-Oct The Motorcycle Diaries
17-Oct I Heart Huckabees*
17-Oct Team America: World Police*
30-Oct What The Bleep Do We Know?*
13-Nov The Incredibles
13-Nov Finding Neverland
14-Nov Criminal
20-Nov Sideways
23-Nov National Treasure*
26-Nov Alexander
09-Dec After The Sunset*
11-Dec Ocean's 12*
16-Dec Closer*
18-Dec The Flight of the Phoenix*
24-Dec The Phantom of the Opera*
25-Dec The Aviator
28-Dec Man on Fire
28-Dec Dodgeball
29-Dec The Fog of War
30-Dec Dawn of the Dead
The Punisher
Miracle


There were also many films that I didn't get to see, that I will have to rent.

Starsky & Hutch
The Village
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Shaun of the Dead
Along Came Polly
Mean Girls
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
Before Sunset
Ray
Napoleon Dynamite
De-Lovely
Friday Night Lights
The Door in the Floor
Kinsey
Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle
Maria Full of Grace
The Machinist
A Very Long Engagement
DIG!
Howard Zinn: You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train

website page counter