Sunday, October 30, 2005

some funerals

Recently, I attended the funeral of my next door neighbor. He was 82 and was living in a nursing home since January. He was always in good spirits whenever I spoke with him. I would stop by for a talk after work. He was often outside, tending to his yard. He passed away October 18, 2005.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

About two weeks prior to that, on Wednesday, October 5, 2005, my aunt from Marabella, Trinidad, passed away. I hadn't seen her in a few years, when she was up here visiting. She is the first sibling on my mother's side to pass away. There's two brothers and six sisters left.

Two weeks before that, on September 21, the husband of one of my dad's cousins, passed away. They are in the farming business and have done very well for themselves over the last 30 years or so. I didn't get to know Uncle Rick all that well, but I do have positive memories of visiting them.

website page counter